By Jose Luis Pedraz Muñoz (Author)
This book explores how 3D printing and bioprinting technologies are transforming the fields of medicine and pharmacy. It covers the applications, benefits, challenges, and regulations of these innovative technologies in areas such as drug development, medical devices, bioreactors, and tissue engineering.
• Provides an overview of the applications, market, and regulatory landscape of 3D printing and bioprinting technologies
• Examines market research and trends of 3D printing and bioprinting technologies
• Discusses 3D printing of novel pharmaceutical dosage forms for personalized medicine and medical devices, as well as the advantages of 3D printing for training purposes
• Explains 3D bioprinting technology, including the design of polymers and decellularized matrices for bio-inks development, fabrication of 3D models for drug evaluation, and 3D bioprinting for musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, central nervous system, ocular, and skin applications
• Evaluates the risks and benefits of each application
• Highlights bioreactors, regulatory aspects, frontiers, and challenges
This book is a valuable reference for students, researchers, and professionals in materials science, bioengineering, the medical industry, and healthcare.