By Mohamed I. Fayad (Author)
How to Use 3D Imaging in Endodontics: A Practical and Updated Guide
Learn how 3D imaging can help you solve the most challenging problems in endodontics with this book that explains the role and benefits of CBCT in various contexts
CBCT is a noninvasive imaging technology that allows you to obtain a 3D representation of a tooth and the surrounding structures. CBCT can help you improve your clinical decision making in endodontics by providing you with more accurate and detailed information than conventional 2D imaging. CBCT can help you with:
- Difficult diagnostic cases: CBCT can help you detect and diagnose complex endodontic conditions, such as vertical root fractures, periapical lesions, root resorption, and calcified canals
- Treatment planning: CBCT can help you plan your endodontic treatment by showing you the internal tooth anatomy, the root canal morphology, the presence of accessory canals, the quality of previous root canal fillings, and the proximity of vital structures
- Evaluation of internal tooth anatomy prior to root canal therapy: CBCT can help you assess the internal tooth anatomy before performing root canal therapy, by showing you the number, shape, size, and curvature of the root canals, as well as the presence of isthmuses, apical deltas, and pulp stones
- Nonsurgical and surgical treatments: CBCT can help you perform nonsurgical and surgical endodontic treatments, such as retreatment, apicoectomy, root resection, hemisection, and intentional replantation, by showing you the optimal access and instrumentation techniques, the extent of bone loss, and the healing outcomes
- Early detection and treatment of resorptive defects: CBCT can help you detect and treat resorptive defects, such as external or internal root resorption, invasive cervical resorption, or ankylosis, by showing you the location, size, shape, and depth of the defect, as well as the extent of damage to the tooth structure and surrounding tissues
- Outcomes assessment: CBCT can help you evaluate the outcomes of your endodontic treatment by showing you the healing status of the periapical tissues, the quality of the root canal filling, and the presence or absence of complications or failures
This book is a comprehensive and updated guide to CBCT in endodontics. It is written by experts in the field who share their knowledge and experience in using CBCT in various endodontic scenarios. The book covers the basic principles and applications of CBCT in endodontics, as well as the advantages and limitations of CBCT compared to other imaging modalities. The book also provides practical tips and recommendations for using CBCT in endodontics safely and effectively.
This book is a valuable resource for anyone who works in endodontics or wants to learn more about CBCT. It will help you improve your skills and confidence in using CBCT in endodontics.